KiddieMundo is an online service that provides users with the opportunity to post and browse reviews and recommendations for family-friendly destinations, attractions, accommodations, restaurants, activities and more.
Collection of your Personal Information
We collect and store any information you enter on KiddieMundo website or its mobile version when you set up a personal profile, participate in our sweepstakes, contests, or promotions, or contact us through our “Contact Us” form. Information we collect include personal information, which can identify you. This information includes:
- first and last name,
- place of residence,
- number of kids,
- your child(ren)’s year of birth,
- email address,
- geolocation data
- user name and
Basic account information
You don’t have to create an account to use some of KiddieMundo’s service features, such as basic searching of places, reading reviews or viewing KiddieMundo’s articles and blogs. If you do choose to create an account, you must provide us with some personal data (first and last name, gender, age, place of residence, number of kids, your child(ren)’s year of birth, and email address) so that we can provide our services to you. This information is required in order to set up your KiddieMundo account, log-in and enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. You can choose not to provide certain information to us, but it might prevent you from being able take advantage of certain features offered on KiddieMundo or to access all services and functions available at the KiddieMundo website. You can choose to share additional information with us like your address book contacts, and social media public profiles.
If you email us, we will keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to your request.
Your username, user photo, gender, place of residence, your child’s age, list of the countries you visited with kids, and list of favorite activities are always public. The list of the places you marked as your favorite, the list of places you added to KiddieMundo’s database, your reviews and tips, questions you asked the KiddieMundo community, your answers directed to the KiddieMundo community as well as comments under KiddieMundo’s articles and blogs are also public.
You are responsible for content of your reviews, tips and other information you provide through our services, and you should think carefully about what you make public, especially if it is sensitive information.
KiddieMundo may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as places you have visited with kids or your favorite things to do with kids. We may gather additional personal and non-personal information in the future.
Automatic data collection
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by KiddieMundo when you visit our website. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access time, referring website addresses, and your online activity, e.g. visited pages, searches, content viewed. This information is used to provide general statistics regarding use of the KiddieMundo website but also to customize the experience of our users and understand their interests and preferences, as well as to maintain and/or improve the quality of our service.
In order to operate our services, we may keep track of how you interact with links across KiddieMundo services. This includes links in emails we send you, links in our articles and blogs, and links in descriptions of places, restaurants and hotels featured on our website. If you click on an external link or ad on our services, that advertiser or website operator might figure out that you came from KiddieMundo, along with other information associated with the ad you clicked such as characteristics of the audience it was intended to reach. They may also collect other personal data from you, such as cookie identifiers or your IP address.
External websites and links
KiddieMundo encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from KiddieMundo so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. KiddieMundo is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the KiddieMundo website.
Use of your Personal Information
KiddieMundo uses your contact information, such as your email to authenticate your account and keep it – and our services – secure, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse. We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you;
- register you as a KiddieMundo member;
- publish your reviews and recommended family attractions to the KiddieMundo website;
- send you updates and information about our services;
- improve and manage the KiddieMundo service;
- contact you with regard to your use of the KiddieMundo service;
- send you marketing materials that may be of interest to you, but only if you consent to providing your information for this purpose;
- enable you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions through KiddieMundo Service;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests.
KiddieMundo may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you about special offers, products and services available from us and our future affiliates. KiddieMundo may also contact you via surveys to conduct research and solicit information about current services or potential new services that may be offered.
We may share the information we have collected about you, including personal information, as disclosed at the time you provide your information and in the following circumstances:
- We may share data with trusted partners to host, design and operate KiddieMundo services and to help perform administrative and communication services, statistical analysis, send you email, or provide customer support. We may disclose your personal information to these companies, so they can carry out these services but they are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to KiddieMundo. They are also bound by contractual obligations to keep all personal information confidential.
- We may use: (a) third-party analytics service providers and (b) ad-serving platforms, such as Google and Facebook, which may set and access their own cookies and web beacons on your device. These parties may have access to usage information.
- We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (“Promotional Activities”) through KiddieMundo services that may require registration. By participating in Promotional Activities, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern such activities. If you choose to enter a Promotional Activity, we may disclose your personal information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of a given Promotional Activity, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotional Activity’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- We may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we might share your personal information with them (name, e-mail, country).
- We will disclose your personal information without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on KiddieMundo or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of KiddieMundo; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of KiddieMundo, or the public.
- We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the KiddieMundo service, including, without limitation, your personal information, demographic information and usage information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the KiddieMundo service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale or other business change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Security of your Personal Information
KiddieMundo protects collected information and is committed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All personal information collected via KiddieMundo is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public.
While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from KiddieMundo, and you assume all related risks.
We regularly review the information that we collect and store. We retain your personal information until you request that we delete it. In certain cases, KiddieMundo may be required to retain your data to comply with applicable law or in connection with a legal claim.
KiddieMundo will collect payment information generated automatically by PayPal Holdings, Inc. We encourage you to review PayPal privacy statement so that you can understand what information will be shared with us.
Children Under Sixteen
KiddieMundo’s services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 16. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf). You must be at least 16 years of age to use KiddieMundo. If it comes to our attention that personal information was sent to us by a child under age 16, we will delete such information as soon as technically possible.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information and promotional messages. You can always unsubscribe from any email notifications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
Object, Restrict, or Withdraw consent
When you are logged into your KiddieMundo account, you can manage your privacy settings and other account features here at any time. You can also close your KiddieMundo account. When you close your account, we will remove your profile information from active view but we will retain information associated with your account such as reviews, tips, places you added, responses to community questions, your username and age of your kids during the time of a review.
Visiting KiddieMundo from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where KiddieMundo servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that at KiddieMundo we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. So if you are located outside the US, you consent and continue to consent to the processing and storage of such data in the US.
If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. KiddieMundo welcomes your questions or comments. You can contact us at:
©2018 KiddieMundo LLC. All rights reserved.